2016-17 Exhibition Season
Alex Nelson is an artist/arts educator that has been inspired by the beach culture
of Santa Cruz throughout his life. In seeking to share the experience of something
truly Californian, he paints nature in the plants and animals of the ocean, and
simultaneously revels in the architectural and surf/skate history of the region.
Virginia Segur has been drawing female figures since she was a child growing up in
the Philippines. Her interest in women and fashion has manifested in a large body
of paintings exploring the culture of elegance and opulence. This exhibit surveys
30 years of work, ranging from her signature chairs to surreal divas of the 1920’s.
• • • • •
Art Co-OptedSpecial exhibits of original artwork, limited editions, and artist-designed products from over 40 local, regional and national artists are featured in the South Gallery. These exclusive artworks and products are available at low price points for a limited time only in this unique venue. Rotating displays in the Co-Op run concurrent with feature exhibitions. Art Co-Opted is presented as the featured exhibition in November and December annually as part of the seasonal Holidays at the Grand programming.
Artists, designers, collectors and gallerists interested in showing/selling work in the Co-Op can find more information about on-going exhibition opportunities here.
- Monday – Thursday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- +1 hour prior to most ticketed Presenting Program events in the theatres.
- The Galleries are closed in between exhibitions.
- The Galleries are closed to the public between December 18th, 2016 and January 20th, 2017 for the holiday break and installation of new exhibitions.
- The Exhibitions Program resumes business operations on Tuesday, January 3rd, and re-opens to the public on Saturday, January 21st, 2017.