The Grand Theatre Center for the Arts presents a free Paint Night through Facebook live! Join the Arts Education Program featuring visual arts instructor Amanda Trask for a 1-hour painting you can do from the comfort of your own home! Participants can follow along in the video below to create their one-of-a-kind painting!
This Paint Night is family friendly and appropriate for school-age students as well as adults.
You will want the following supplies to complete this painting:
- canvas, canvas board, or canvas paper (we used a 14″ x 11″ canvas)
- one small paint brush
- one large paint brush
- one paper plate for mixing colors
- one plastic cup for water
- paper towels used to make the leaf texturing on the painting
- 6 colors of paint:
- Dark Green
Or you can opt to use any supplies you have available at home!
Please click on the video below to begin painting!
The Grand Theatre Center for the Arts, Arts Education Program presents free online art classes through Facebook Live! Join visual arts instructor and artist Amanda Trask for a virtual art class. Each week starting April 8th, Amanda taught a different topic centered-around drawing. Students at home can follow along using basic art supplies such as paper, pencil and colored pencil.
Check out the videos below to try one of these drawing classes!
Classes are family friendly and appropriate for school age students as well as adults.
The Arts Education Program is pleased to announce the addition of these Facebook Live art classes during this uncertain time. The Grand Theatre Center for the Arts is currently closed to the public until further notice in response to the current health concerns related to COVID-19.
April 8, 2020 Week 1: Fantasy Drawing: Unicorns & Dragons
April 15, 2020 Week 2: Anime/Manga Style Drawing
April 22, 2020 Week 3: Figure Drawing: Faces
April 29, 2020 Week 4: Figure Drawing: Hands & Feet
May 6, 2020 Week 5: Having Fun with Patterns!
May 13, 2020 Week 6: Cartoon Drawing: Animals
Thanks for drawing with us!
Arts Education Program Update:
In an effort to protect the health and safety of our participants, Contractors and staff, we are postponing the re-opening of the Grand Theatre Center for the Arts. Summer classes will be cancelled and we will update you when we are ready to re-open.
Thank you for your continued support of the Grand Theatre Center for the Arts and the City of Tracy.
Winter/Spring 2020 Semester:
All Arts Education classes taking place during our Winter/Spring Semester have been cancelled. Please view the list of cancelled classes below:
- Polynesian Dance, Activity # 17617, 17618, 17619, 17620, 17621, 17622
- Ballet Folklorico, Activity # 17625, 17627
- Dance Improvisation, Activity # 17588, 17589
- Movin’ Your Groove, Activity # 17584, 17585
- Irish Step Dancing, Activity # 17615, 17616
- Voice Overs, Activity # 17560
- Beg. Drama Performance, Activity # 18895
- Music Together, Activity # 17563, 17564, 17565, 17566, 17567, 17568, 17570, 17571, 17572
- Piano Preschoolers, Activity # 17555, 17556, 17558, 17559
- Beg. Group Guitar, Activity # 17634
- Exploring Guitar, Activity # 17541
- Exploring Ukulele, Activity # 17539
- Guitar Fund. Adults, Activity # 17542
- All Private Music Lessons
- Comic Book Writing, Activity # 17688
- Creative Writing, Activity # 17714, 17716
- Create-A-Book, Activity # 17717
- La Voz, Activity # 17707, 17708
- Filipino Fun, Activity # 17731
- Little Artist & Me, Activity # 17733
- Preschool Drawing, Activity # 17602, 17603
- Elementary Drawing, Activity # 17606, 17607
- Cartoon Drawing, Activity # 17610, 17611
- Sensory Art, Activity # 17679, 17680, 17681
- Anime Cartoon Workshop, Activity #17612
- D & D Game Night, Activity # 18892
- D & D Camp, Activity # 17693
- An Artist a Day, Activity # 17734
- Superhero Creation, Activity #17689
- Superhero Creation, Activity # 17690
- Decorative… Papier Mache Boxes, Activity # 17698, 17699
- Creative Corner Travel, Activity # 17592
- Pocket Sketch Anywhere, Activity # 17547
- Digital Arts Drawing Painting, Activity # 17532, 17533, 18990
- Printmaking, Activity # 17695
- Drawing: G C P, Activity # 17691, 17692
- Introduction Oil & Acrylic Painting, Activity # 17592
- Intermediate Oil & Acrylic Painting, Activity # 17593, 17594
- Family Paint Day, Activity # 18891
- Paint Night, Activity # 18889
- Intermediate Photography, Activity # 17613
- Advanced Photography, Activity # 17614
- Knitting Beginners, Activity # 18903, 18904,18905, 18906
- Pottery Preschoolers, Activity # 17722
- Creature Creation, Activity # 17719, 17720
- Ceramic Hand-Building, Activity # 17728, 17729
- Youth Wheel Throwing, Activity # 17683
- Adult Wheel Throwing, Activity # 17725, 17726
- Functional Ceramics, Activity # 17544, 17545
- All Ceramics Open Labs
- Painted Glass Coasters, Activity # 19130
- Fused Glass Pendants, Activity # 17685
- All Fused Glass Open Labs
For questions, please call the Box Office at 209-831-6858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Pick up your copy of the Winter/Spring 2020 Arts Education Catalog now! Class Registration opens Monday, December 9th!
Please note the following changes in our Catalog:
- Page 8: Voice Overs class has a dew date: Tuesday, April 7th
- Page 18: Sensory Art classes have new class dates:
- 17677 – cancelled
- 17678 – Saturday, 2/29 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM
- 17679 – Saturday, 3/14 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM
- 17680 – Saturday, 4/4 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM
- 17681 – Saturday, 5/2 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM
- Page 20: All Private Art Lessons have been cancelled
- Page 22: Paint Night events start 30 minutes later, 7:00 to 9:30 PM, doors open at 6:30 PM
- Page 24: Thursday’s Youth Wheel Throwing class has been cancelled
- Page 26: Fused Glass Pendants has a new date and time: Saturday, April 4th, 2:30 – 4:00 PM
- Page 26: Fused Glass Bowl has a new date and time: Saturday, Feb. 29th, 2:30 – 4:30 PM
- Page 26: January Ceramic Lab dates have been cancelled, Open Lab will begin on February 5th
- Page 26: January Fused Glass Lab dates have been cancelled, Open Lab will begin on February 11th
The following classes have been added:
- Painted Glass Coaster Set, Activity #19130, Saturday, March 14th, 2:30 – 4:30 PM
- Fused Glass Bowl/Plate, Activity #19129, Saturday, May 2nd, 2:30 – 4:30 PM
Founded in 1988 by Bette Fetter, Young Rembrandts has become a recognized leader in art education. What began as one person, working with children in her home, has developed into an international franchise business with franchisees who teach drawing to thousands of students every week.
Fetter applied her fine arts education and background in child development to create an original, step-by-step method to teach children drawing, the fundamental skill of all visual arts.
Research and education experts say what Young Rembrandts has always delivered: there is a significant correlation between involvement in the arts and achievement in the classroom. Children who learn to draw using the Young Rembrandts method develop spatial reasoning and fine motor skills, order and sequencing abilities, visualization, and self-discipline as well as fundamental art skills. Our original curriculum introduces concrete ideas and techniques that enlarge their visual vocabularies, enrich their imaginations and their minds.
Today, Young Rembrandts franchisees partner with preschools, elementary schools and community centers to either augment or supply their art education programs. The Young Rembrandts franchise network has a solid reputation for offering well-organized classes and teaching original, high-quality curriculum in a positive environment.
To learn more about Young Rembrandts, please visit their website at www.youngrembrandts.com.